Could the Quantum Field be a combination of all fields and live in our temporal dimension with the fabric of Spacetime?

topsquark

Math Team
May 2013
The Astral plane
Oh wow, you are actually reading my posts. Okay, yes, you did read it right. I figured out that the fabric of spacetime and the quantum field live in the temporal dimension. I hate to break it to you that there is, indeed, a quantum/classical boundary. It is around the mass-energy value of a virus. If a particle smaller than a virus plans to decohere in its path from point A to B ..the virtual fabric will oblige, and consider it real, physical. Gravity isn't a force, it is the shape of the virtual fabric.
I'll take it one by one.

I figured out that the fabric of spacetime and the quantum field live in the temporal dimension.
The quantum field doesn't live in any space-time dimension, it lives in a subpace of Hilbert space. (Hilbert space is an infinite dimensional (complex) space. Think of an infinte verson of normal 3D space and you won't be too far off.) Generally speaking this is why we can't measure the properties of the wavefunction directly.

It is around the mass-energy value of a virus. If a particle smaller than a virus...
Since you told me once you were suspicious about the Math involved how did you calculate this?

... plans to decohere in its path from point A to B
Strictly speaking coherent waves are only defined in terms of the Quantum harmonic oscillator. But I can't see any reason why we can't fudge the concept a bit. But why would the state decohere? Once it's in that state the time evolution of the wave function would not change, which is the value of using a coherent state to begin with.

..the virtual fabric will oblige, and consider it real, physical.
You have a great deal of fascination over virtual (or as you would say unobserved) fields. All a virtual particle is is an unobserved state. It still has its spin state, electric charge, etc. The momentum of a virtual particle can be different than its observed value if it is in a particle loop in a Feynman diagram. There we have to integrate over all possible momenta. A virtual particle that does not have the same mass as an observed one is said to be "off its mass shell."

Also, virtual particles are real. They just haven't been measured. Unless you are using the word "real" to mean that the virtual particle lives in some kind of complex space? This is correct. But all particles live there. You couldn't say that the particle "becomes real" since it still lives in the complex space.

Gravity isn't a force, it is the shape of the virtual fabric.
Many think that way. I'm sort of sitting on the fence about it. Do the Einstein field equations describe an actual bending of space-time or does it just mimic that bending and be something else entirely? No one has got proof of either argument.

-Dan

Feb 2020
Ohio
I'll say Hilbert space lives in the temporal dimension. The fabric of spacetime can be the structure and the quantum field can be the medium.
Virtual is the same thing as Holographic.
Einstein says mass-energy is what bends the fabric of spacetime. A virus is around 60,000 atoms. You can't get fringes using them in the double slit.
How would you know the spin of a virtual particle? "off its mass shell" seems like a clue to what is going on with decoherence
Virtual particles are not using the spatial dimensions.

I think the temporal dimension is running the show.
Time doesn't consider something real unless it is decohered or the mass energy of a virus? Time only ages objects that are real?
Are the spatial dimensions just housing for what the temporal dimension deems real?
Does time project reality into spatial dimensions?

Feb 2020
Ohio
Does the holographic fabric of spacetime and the quantum fields act as a simulation filter to the reality projection on spatial dimensions - that originates in the temporal dimension?

Feb 2020
Ohio
I know we are in a projection from the way spacetime handles the speed of light in time dilation zones.

topsquark

Math Team
May 2013
The Astral plane
I'll say Hilbert space lives in the temporal dimension. The fabric of spacetime can be the structure and the quantum field can be the medium.
Virtual is the same thing as Holographic.
Einstein says mass-energy is what bends the fabric of spacetime. A virus is around 60,000 atoms. You can't get fringes using them in the double slit.
How would you know the spin of a virtual particle? "off its mass shell" seems like a clue to what is going on with decoherence
Virtual particles are not using the spatial dimensions.
Now you see, this is what gets us into arguments. Space-time sits in a 4D Hilbert space, but this isn't the same space that QM uses for it's state kets. It certainly can't be embedded into a single time dimension. Virtual particles are not holographic. The "off mass shell" condition comes from the fact that we have to integrate over an undetermined momentum in a loop in a Feynman diagram. This has nothing to do with coherence. And virtual particles do use spatial dimensions otherwise they would not be able to transmit energy and momentum during a particle interaction. As to spin you can generally track that property through a Feynman diagram... both spin and momentum are conserved at the verticies.

You have alot of problems with even the basic definitions and you tend to get upset when I point out that you aren't using them right. That leaves me with a question: Are you willing to have me take you through the basics so you can pin down the correct concepts and terminology or are you going to resist it as you have every other time I've tried to correct you? And I'm sorry to say that much of this is going to turn into a Mathematical conversation. You need to be able to work with linear vector spaces over a complex field and some differential equations, both ordinary and partial. I already know you aren't going to like that part.

-Dan

Feb 2020
Ohio
Virtual particles do not transmit energy or momentum while virtual.
The temporal dimension is the core of reality. The spatial dimensions purpose is to accept analog signals from the temporal dimension and make them real.
Hilbert space is a mathematical tool. It doesn't matter where you place it. I can be in the temporal dimension, because it is not real/physical.

topsquark

Math Team
May 2013
The Astral plane
Virtual particles do not transmit energy or momentum while virtual.
The temporal dimension is the core of reality. The spatial dimensions purpose is to accept analog signals from the temporal dimension and make them real.
Hilbert space is a mathematical tool. It doesn't matter where you place it. I can be in the temporal dimension, because it is not real/physical.
And the problem is that, except for the comment about Hilbert space as a Mathematical tool, the only things that are correct in your statement above are the spelling and the grammar.

If you are serious about this then we are going to have to go back to the basic principles of QM and work our way up. Let me know if you want to do that.

-Dan

Feb 2020
Ohio
It would be nice if you could state the mainstream view of what conflicts.

Could the spatial dimensions just be additional sub layers to the infinite temporal one? Could all the dimensions/fields/fabrics live under "TIME"?

I suspect we give way too much credence to the spatial dimensions, when all they do is convert waves to physical objects. Time runs the show.

Pure infinity is too much to handle for our reality. Time is the core and then we have all these layers filtering it.