Determining n from the given factorial equation

Hoempa

Math Team
Apr 2010
By inspection on 4(n + 1) = (2n-6)!, n = 5 works.

Reactions: 2 people
Jul 2010
St. Augustine, FL., U.S.A.'s oldest city
4(n+1)!=(n)!(2n-6)!

find n
1.) Never make an effort to come up with a useful thread title. $\checkmark$

2.) Never show work or effort that would be useful to actually give help. $\checkmark$

3.) Never alter 1.) and 2.) despite numerous advisories. $\checkmark$

Reactions: 4 people
Jun 2014
Earth
1.) Never make an effort to come up with a useful thread title. $\checkmark$

2.) Never show work or effort that would be useful to actually give help. $\checkmark$

3.) Never alter 1.) and 2.) despite numerous advisories. $\checkmark$
Then those of us are enablers by continuing to post replies to mared.

Jul 2014
भारत
Write in this form : \(\displaystyle 4\Gamma(n+2)=\Gamma(n+1)\Gamma(2n-5)\)
Now try to solve.

Jul 2010
Then those of us are enablers by continuing to post replies to mared.
Who people decide to help is up to them...in my mind, the complete and utter laziness here lies solely with mared.

To me, "enabler" is a word invented by the guilty to shift the blame from where it rightly belongs. :D

Jun 2014
Earth
Who people decide to help is up to them...in my mind, the complete and utter laziness here lies solely with mared.

To me, "enabler" is a word invented by the guilty to shift the blame from where it rightly belongs. :D
Please answer me. If no one replied to mared, then would it not discourage the existence of his further "complete and utter laziness" of posts.

He is a panhandler.

Why did you bother making the points in post # 3? You just stated facts that he doesn't care about.

Last edited:
Jul 2010
...Why did you bother making the points in post # 3?
I made my post primarily to point out (again) to mared that his posting style is extremely deficient.

I did so publicly because I have grave doubts that he/she would take the time to read a PM or VM.

Also, as a moderator, one gets tired of having to come repetitively along behind the same lazy user to fix their useless titles. I have mentioned the "title issue" more than once in the past to mared, but it falls on deaf ears.

So, please indulge my venting of frustration. :D

Reactions: 1 person

topsquark

Math Team
May 2013
The Astral plane
I made my post primarily to point out (again) to mared that his posting style is extremely deficient.

I did so publicly because I have grave doubts that he/she would take the time to read a PM or VM.

Also, as a moderator, one gets tired of having to come repetitively along behind the same lazy user to fix their useless titles. I have mentioned the "title issue" more than once in the past to mared, but it falls on deaf ears.

Been there, done that. Much sympathy offered.

-Dan

Reactions: 2 people

Hoempa

Math Team
Apr 2010
MarkFL said:
I admire your patience. On the board I'm a mod, he would probably have been banned already.