Help , Preparing accounting entries in excel ?

Jun 2019
India
There are books that teaches preparing Journal entries in Excel

I am looking for a book that teaches about Excel sheets like these .

Is there a book that teaches you to prepare account related Excel sheets like the above ?

Jun 2019
USA
What do you want the spreadsheet to do?

If you literally just need to create spreadsheets like your example, all you need to learn about is formatting cells (which is in the Excel documentation, or you could just play around with it -- Ctrl+1 opens the format wizard for the selected cell(s)).

Jun 2019
India
Thanks for the reply,

I want to make an excel worksheet for daily purchase sales total sales etc .

Whenever i google for tutorials like those i always ends up with ready made templates from some site .

I wish there was a tutorial that teaches people to make Templates like that from scratch , I have been searching for such a thing since the past 3 days and the results are always ready made templates .

I really wish there was a Pdf or Book explaining designing these excel templates for business .

I cant find any proper books .

OK , i will try to learn the formatting cells part if i cant find any Pdf or Books .

Jun 2019
India
I think the best thing to do right now is to focus more on learning Excel itself .

In that way i can design Excel templates for my own needs .

I really thought some accounting book would have excel lessons related to it .

But since that is not the case , Its better to learn Excel from scratch .

Thanks

Jun 2019
USA
Probably so. Simple things like formatting cells, calculating sums, and even making graphs are pretty easy to learn.

Once you master the basics, you can -- if you so desire -- look into doing more complex things, like getting Excel to calculate daily totals automatically, or even writing scripts to organise your data, generate report spreadsheets, and all kinds of things.

Jun 2019
India
After searching for 4 days straight i found some textbooks in this site

National Council Of Educational Research And Training :: Home

The accountancy books of Plus 1 and Plus 2 Books of has some books explaining computerized accounting and Excel in it .

Also this book looks good ,

Mastering Spreadsheet Bookkeeping -Peter Marshall

With those few books i think i can learn this properly

Thanks