Integration

v8archie

Math Team
Dec 2013
Colombia
Are you giving instructions or asking for help?

If you want help, I suggest that you say what is giving you trouble with this integral. It has come to your attention in some context, presumably a class - so I would suggest trying to apply the lessons of that class to this problem.

If you get stuck, you can always post your work as you did the question, and ask for help.

Dec 2015
Earth
Substitute \(\displaystyle x=a\sin(t)\).

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 person
Apr 2017
India
Are you giving instructions or asking for help?

If you want help, I suggest that you say what is giving you trouble with this integral. It has come to your attention in some context, presumably a class - so I would suggest trying to apply the lessons of that class to this problem.

If you get stuck, you can always post your work as you did the question, and ask for help.
Obviously, I was asking for help. However, if it didn't seem like that, I apologize. ;)

skipjack

Forum Staff
Dec 2006
It's a standard problem (one that can be done by use of the methods given in a typical introductory calculus textbook), but you shouldn't be expected to do it without first having learnt how to use a trigonometric substitution for an easier integral.

Can you try the suggested substitution and then let us know what progress you were able to make?