Irrational -> Rational Number

Oct 2019
ID, USA
Hey, I was using guess and check to find a value, and it ended up being close to 15.83007499. I am certain it could be represented by an equation, but I can't find out what that would be. There is a good chance it would be a log natural.
If you do find out what it is, I'd love to know.
Thanks!!

topsquark

Math Team
May 2013
The Astral plane
Hey, I was using guess and check to find a value, and it ended up being close to 15.83007499. I am certain it could be represented by an equation, but I can't find out what that would be. There is a good chance it would be a log natural.
Thanks!!
Guess and check for what problem? We can't work in a vacuum! :confused:

-Dan

Reactions: 1 person

romsek

Math Team
Sep 2015
USA
Guess and check for what problem? We can't work in a vacuum! :confused:

-Dan
not without a decent spacesuit anyway!

Q - What do you do when you see a spaceman?
A - Park in it man!

Reactions: 1 person

SDK

Sep 2016
USA
Thanks!!
Is that a typo? I think it should be 15.83007477. Double check your value and get back to me asap.

Reactions: 2 people
Oct 2019
ID, USA
It could be incorrect in the last couple of decimal places, I'm approximating using desmos. I can definitely keep guessing and checking, I just want to try to find a pattern based on other values as well.
Thanks for the help!

Edit: Also I think I've found another way around it. A more simplified answer for this would be nice, but not super important. Thanks!

Last edited:
Jun 2019
USA
He's jerking your chain. None of us can help you until you tell us where the number is coming from (i.e., what is the problem statement).

Reactions: 3 people