Is this Pi?... I'm afraid to work out the two triangles with question marks

Aug 2012
ok, i did that , and i like the images.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/1o42tq0oc/
Very clean writeup. I didn't work though it but at the end your numeric value for pi is wrong, looks like you transposed some digits. (third picture).

In general it's not necessary to carry around the long decimal values, and they're inaccurate anyway. Better to use radicals and/or trig expressions, makes for a more clear exposition.

Reactions: 1 person
Sep 2019
British Columbia, Canada
Very clean writeup. I didn't work though it but at the end your numeric value for pi is wrong, looks like you transposed some digits. (third picture).

In general it's not necessary to carry around the long decimal values, and they're inaccurate anyway. Better to use radicals and/or trig expressions, makes for a more clear exposition.
IT'S RIGHT BECAUSE I DID THE MATH THREE TIMES

there is the page at the bottom where i copied numbers onto the good copy wrongly. but i fixed it and you can see it.

if you go through this you might see that it is pi.

because it is.

did you know that the pendulum can tell you true pi?...

look at this guy here with his pendulum pointing to Star of Lakshmi Pi:

[youtube]qYAdXm69l8g[/youtube]

Anyways, what was I expecting to do, come here and get someone to see something. to say congratulations on finding pi?

so i'll be back, because even though I know by law, those triangles are teh same area, I'll go now and make the paper to prove it.

topsquark

Math Team
May 2013
The Astral plane
Ummm.....

You do know that the yellow shaded areas aren't triangles, don't you?

-Dan

Reactions: 1 person

topsquark

Math Team
May 2013
The Astral plane
Anyways, what was I expecting to do, come here and get someone to see something. to say congratulations on finding pi?
In fact, this kind of thing does happen, and depressingly often.

look at this guy here with his pendulum pointing to Star of Lakshmi Pi
Aside from a number of corrections to do the pendulum experiment right (and ignoring that any result from this experiment can only give you only a small number of correct digits of the value) I'd estimate that the video gives about as much accuracy as you are going to get. And what does a pendulum have to do with the Star of Lakshmi?

-Dan

Last edited: