non-homogeneous recurrence problem

topsquark

Math Team
May 2013
The Astral plane
Come on, can anybody solve this step by step? I am really struggling with this problem.

Thanks in advance.
v8archie has been on task this whole time! See post #2. If you don't know how to use it then ask.

-Dan

v8archie

Math Team
Dec 2013
Colombia
Well.. and how does that become \(\displaystyle \sqrt{6}\)?
I believe that I told you that the modulus (absolute value, norm) of those complex numbers is $\sqrt6$. If you don't understand that much, you have no business trying to solve the recurrence relation in my opinion. It's a prerequisite.

Reactions: 1 person
Jan 2016
/
You kept repeating stuff that didn't make any sense, giving me the particular solution when I had a problem with the homogeneous part.

I came to the forum to ask for help, not for someone to show off.

When I asked for the part that I was struggling with, you didn't help me one bit and continue to post answers that didn't solve my problem, after which I asked you to elaborate on the stuff I didn't understand, you became downright rude.

If you can't explain or don't have time to, please restrain yourself from posting unproductive answers.

I have solved the problem myself.

Last edited by a moderator:

v8archie

Math Team
Dec 2013
Colombia
Well done. That's the general idea - much better than asking somebody else to do it for you. The thing that stopped me advancing on the problem was that you demonstrated zero understanding of the basic ideas that I was talking about - as I said before, pre-requisites for the problem.

If you genuinely want help you need to contribute your understanding too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person