Some Latex Commands

Jul 2010
St. Augustine, FL., U.S.A.'s oldest city
If you want to practice your LaTeX, use the preview function, you needn't submit the posts.

To see how other use the coding, quote their post, look at the codes, then use your browser's back button to avoid actually quoting the post.

Oct 2009
thanks markFl , but from where I can get more latex ... ??

Nov 2012
Hi just testing some latex commands.

f(x) = x^{2x} + log_[/tiny(10)](x)

Jul 2010
You need to enclose your code within the latex tags.

Nov 2012
\(\displaystyle \f(x) = x^{2x} + log_[\tiny(10)](x)\)

\(\displaystyle 4 \div 2 = 2\)

I am sorry. I am not sure how to use this code. Am I getting close? I tried preview it to see if it worked I am not sure if I should see it in preview or not. Thanks for your help.

Jul 2010
I believe the reason your latex is not rendering has to do with your Newcomer status, preventing it from displaying in this particular forum.

I suggest you go to another of our forums here, and begin by starting a new topic (but don't submit the post), and use the preview function to see the result, then when you are done, abandon the topic so it does not get submitted. You want to use latex tags, not tex, just so you know not to use tex tags.

Nov 2012
I am not sure why its not working. I went to new topics and tried the code in preview. I used several examples from the site you mention a few post up.

Jul 2010
Which sub-forum did you try this in?

Nov 2012
I backed out of this topic and clicked on new topic as soon as I saw it. I guess I was probably still in this sub-topic when I tried it. When I saw your post I tried the code in the Number Theory topic and it worked. Thanks alot.